Electrification of the municipal vehicle fleet
In 2015, the municipality of Schuttrange decided to approve the guiding principles for the municipal climate and energy strategy in line with national policy. These guidelines include intelligent and sustainable mobility behaviour within the municipality’s administration and the operation of a climate-friendly municipal vehicle fleet.
In order to implement these principles, the municipality has decided to invest in electromobility and has taken the following measures:
- Electrification of the municipal fleet;
- electrification of the Ruffbus Syrdall (personalised shuttle service) since 2018;
- electrification of the Nightlifebus ;
- installation of public charging stations;
- financial subsidies for electric mobility.
Today the municipality counts 3 public charging stations, as well as 7 100% electric vehicles, including 3 cars, 1 van, 1 small truck and 2 bikes.